I picked up a new soldering station and some replacement tips from Ebay for a total of around $35.00 including shipping. I originally seen this product reviewed by Dave Jones on his YouTube channel the EEV Blog. Dave gave it a thumbs down but I could see the value despite his criticisms and went ahead and purchased one of my own.
936 SMD Professional Soldering Rework Station Temperature Control: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331366587814
10pcs Soldering TIP Iron Tip 900M-T for Hakko 936/937/928 Soldering Station Tool : http://www.ebay.com/itm/181774283720
Link to Dave Jones’s EEV Blog Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GdV7XBae74
Ebay Sellers Description:
The 936 ESD soldering station is an inexpensive, temperature adjustable station that you can stack to conserve valuable bench space.The 936 is the industry standard work horse solder station.
This station will run for years without repairs. It’s ESD safe for solder critical static sensitive applications.
– temperature range:392°-896°F (200°- 480°C)
– adjustable temperature control with lock/set screw
– ceramic heating element and senor insures rapid heat-up temperature and lightning-fast thermal recovery
– Celsius or Fahrenheit temperature setting
– Temperature adjusted by simply turning the dial
– slender iron handles are insulated and ergonomic-designed for ease and comfort
– Accommodates large, medium or small irons
– wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole connections
– Power Output: 24V 60W
Note: The Voltage is just fit for 110V
1 X 936 soldering station
1 X soldering tip
~ Really Nice Soldering Station That’s Affordable from Ebay
The Guru Brew is a weekly entertainment show that focuses on teaching and introducing viewers about everything from computer repair to building your own robot, presented in a very simple easy to understand way. Please join us as we document our techie adventures where something fun and new is always brewing.